Kenya Questions and Answers
Mastercard Foundation COVID-19 Recovery and Resilience Program
Updated April 9, 2020
What will the Foundation’s focus be in Kenya through the Mastercard Foundation COVID-19 Recovery and Resilience Program?
Capacitating organizations working on front line COVID-19 response initiatives.
- The training and upskilling of community, healthcare support staff and volunteers.
- Bolstering the capacity for treatment and coordination, and the supply of essential products and services.
- Awareness on COVID-19 topics with a focus on reaching young women and young men.
Support finance and funding for MSMEs.
- Credit and grant instruments dedicated to micro-, small-, medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) with a focus on enterprises owned by, or largely impacting, young women and young men.
- Knowledge sharing and coaching on ‘how to’ navigate through prevailing market disruptions with content tailored to online and virtual delivery.
Empower virtual learning and leverage Ed. Tech solutions.
- Enable education dissemination on widely accessible technologies such as radio and television, and fast-tracking the alignment of 3rd party content to national curriculum.
- Intermediate to long-term intervention for students, parents and educators, within TVETs and basic education, to guard against future COVID-19 type disruptions.