Rapid Scan of Impact Capacity Development Entities in Africa
Request for Expressions of Interest
The Mastercard Foundation is launching a Capacity Development Strategy and workstream to enable the Foundation and its partners with the skills and capacity to make the bold shifts outlined in our Impact Strategy.
We are inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from bilingual Africa-based consultant(s) to undertake a rapid scan of entities – institutions, firms, groups, organizations in Africa (anglophone and francophone) with proven track records of supporting the implementation of the Impact Team’s Capacity Development Strategy. Read and download the full Request for Expressions of Interest.
In 2020, the Foundation launched the Impact Strategy to articulate its approach to defining and impact, by shifting the focus of grant making and evidence to higher units of change, from simplistic counting of outputs to systems-level change. The strategy challenges conventional notions of who gives evidence meaning and relevance and commits to understanding how young people define “impact”, what “dignified and fulfilling work” means for them as individuals, and the ripple effect on their families and communities, at scale and at a country level.
The Impact Strategy highlighted four fundamental shifts in how impact is conceived, measured, and reported in the Foundation. The Impact team aims to:
- Advance a holistic approach to impact at all levels of the Foundation, including our overall mission, strategies, as well as at the program portfolio and program levels.
- Elevate the voices of young women and men in understanding impact new ways of honouring Indigenous knowledge, evidence, and insights to tell the story of the life journeys of young people.
- Focus on transformative systems change at scale in Africa and Canada
- Lead the transition beyond output-oriented measurement to an outcome- and impact-oriented approach at all levels of the Foundation, starting with a more expansive understanding of change at the base of the Foundation’s program investments.
How to Apply:
The EOI submission will close on June 3rd.
Please provide the following information in no more than 1,500 words, excluding annexes (budget, bios/CVs, work-plan), to email@example.com:
- Full name and organizational affiliation (with link to website and/or link to LinkedIn Pages or professional profile
- A description your agency and/or profile of lead consultants for this assignment
- Summary of your approach to this scan assignment, including an outline of your scan methodology and resources
- An implementation plan that includes milestones, timelines and budget allocation
- Examples of 3 similar projects completed in the past 5 years along with 2 references that contracted or engaged you/your agency to consult for similar purposes
- Description and/or brief bio of the project lead and the consultant team
For questions, please contact:
Dorothy Faidoo firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager, Impact Team