The Power of Baobab is the Power of Network
By 2023, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program will enable 30,000 talented students to study in Africa or around the globe as secondary or tertiary Scholars. This community of Scholars is committed to using their education to benefit others and intends to make a difference in the world. Through Baobab, a built-for-purpose social learning platform, Scholars have access to mentorship and skill development resources to increase their employability and effectiveness as leaders of change.
If you are a Mastercard Foundation Scholar, click here to join the Scholars Community on Baobab today!
Mastercard Foundation Scholars share a deep desire to transform their communities and are united by their commitment to action. There are many social media tools available, but only Baobab was developed to connect and empower this global network of like-minded changemakers.
Baobab can increase Scholar employability
- Skill Development Lessons: Scholars have access to over 30 leadership, entrepreneurship and professional skills lessons and can earn badges that reflect skill development.
- Collaborative Workgroups: Scholars can create and/or join workgroups to foster learning, augment social change activities, exchange ideas, and discuss topics of interest. Examples of workgroups include CV and Resume Support, African Youth Mentorship, Design Thinking: Community Involvement, and numerous others that have been created by Scholars and mentors on the platform.
- Career Preparedness Coaching: Scholars can receive interview and resume coaching from the Baobab Career Preparedness Coach by participating in various activities on the platform.
- Summer Internship: Scholars apply to work with the Baobab team at Arizona State University during a nine-week internship to improve Baobab, gain essential experience in a business environment, and learn new skills like Design Thinking.
Baobab offers access to mentorship for all Scholars
- ‘Ask A Mentor’ sessions: Scholars ask questions during weekly sessions with a unique and varied group of career professionals. Some ‘Ask a Mentor’ sessions are broad, while others are tailored to specific fields.
- Networking Events: Scholars chat one-on-one with professionals in a variety of fields and connect with other Scholars during monthly online networking events.
Interested in collaborating with Baobab?
EdPlus at Arizona State University is open to new collaborations with organizations that are passionate about education and workforce development. If you are interested in joining forces to develop content that will ensure users of the Baobab platform are the most employable candidates on the African continent, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email: email@example.com